April 8, 2011

That Girl

In the year 2004 I was a kindergarden graduate. After graduating, my class had a picnic at a park where family and friends of the graduate could join. All the kids played but I (being a normal five year old girl) chased boys and this boy I chased got away pretty easily because his cousin was with him. After that incident let's just say I wasn't a big fan of that girl. Soon after the graduation my memories of the girl soon fled from my mind until the first day of first grade. I pranced into the doors of my first grade classroom ready for a fresh start when BAM! the girl was right across the hall. I stared and stared and stared. I swore I knew her from somewhere. She stared back with a mean look of disgust. Whatever that look meant I didn't care I was determined. I constantly talked to her at recess or whenever I could. Even though she didn't look like she could even stand being in the same room as me.

 First grade went by then second and third. By fourth grade we were inseparable. We would have sleepovers whenever we could we helped each other out and had fun together we were truly Best Friends. Our similar personalities was the reason we became best friends. I learned from her, she learned from me. She taught me that people aren't always what they seem, I taught her creativity. We learned from each other and that bettered both of us.

Next year, will (most likely) be our final school year together. After graduating and picking a high school to attend we'll break off a bit and venture a little more into the "real world" We won't have lunch together or be able to exchange notes and we won't have each other to wipe or tears always but even though we may be miles and miles apart we always find each other. That's the great thing about being a best friend you always have somebody there. Whenever you need them. Though I'll miss the fun times of playing volleyball, trick-or-treating, taking pictures, doing art, laughing, blogging together, watching movies all the time, making up songs, dancing, playing, being goofy, playing sports, doing nails and eating cookies I know that in a way were both growing up and moving on to bigger and better places and meeting new people.

My best friend and I have been friends for eight years. She is one of the best people I know and though she has faults she always tries her best, in whatever she does. I love her to death and I know that even through high school, college and even parenthood we'll always find each other. Somehow, some way we'll always find each other because we were, are and will always be best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment