March 13, 2011

Beastly-Movie Review

"Beastly" is a new kind of a teen romance. Unlike others such as Easy A or 17 Again, it carries a message/lesson throughtout the movie that a viewer like me interprets as learning how to see past someone's looks on the outside,and view their inner beauty.

This movie is about a young man named Kyle (Alex Pettyfer), who has it all-looks, popularity, wealth and opportunity. He's the type of person who thinks the world revolves around him and can't turn a corner without looking at himself. When he invites a Goth classmate of his that him and his friends look down on as a "social reject" to a green "eco friendly" party for school. He blows her off and humiliates her. She then gets even by casting a spell on him, that physically reflects his personality and how he acts to others onto his body. Disturbed by his looks, Kyle's father sends him to Brooklyn with a housekeeper and a blind tutor. Kyle then encounters a drug addicts daughter whom he's encountered in school before,Kendra (Vanessa Hudgens). Although he dosen't know her too well yet. He gets caught in a situation where he offers to take her as a houseguest and promises her safety to her father. Kyle begins to become inspired by Kendra and begins slowly falling in love, in this re-telling classic of the "Beauty And The Beast."

Overall I give the movie 5 stars ★★★★★( 1 star being the worst, 5 being the best.) Although I'm a sucker for cheesy romance movies this one in particular caught my eye because of how realistic this situation is. After the movie, I found myself thinking about how much I could relate to this. No, not because I'm in love but because being a teen, I've met a fair share of people who are vain and cruel and have the ego the size of a watermelon but I also understand that most the time it's because they have some other insecurity behind their huge ego. If your up for a warm-hearted film about love, change and a new perspective on a love story, go see Beastly. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice, I really want to watch it now!!!! I hope its as good as your review says :)

    Lovee the review

    ReplyDelete