March 11, 2011

Fabulous Fads

Hi Readers,
So today while picking up my room so I could at least see the floor, I found the coolest thing! Sillly Bandz! Hahah I'm pretty sure everyone remembers the Sillly Bandz. Craziness! That was definetly one of the huggeeeest fads of 2010. From generation to generation, fads change, and what's cool now will change with the next generation. Here are some of the most popular fads of this year:



1. Giant Sunglasses- Yay!
Personally, I love giant sunglasses. They make you feel bold and unique. Plus, they're adorable for sunshine in the summertime! You can use your rockin' sunglasses to do anything from walking the dog to getting some ice cream with friends. Giant sunglasses are a deff. yay!
2. The Snuggie- Nay!
Alright, I have to admit The Snuggie is pretty cool, especially with its cool designs (especially the zebra pattern). But honostly, I own a Snuggie, and I know for a fact that if I was stuck in the middle of Antarctica with some penguins, the Snuggie would NOT keep me warm at all. Why would you expect it to anyway -- the backside's open! It's like wearing clothes with only a front side to them. Eventually, your backside would get cold.

3. Uggs- Yay!
Uggs are definitely a yay! Uggs Australia has done a great job at making its products popular with not only teenagers, but young children, elders and middle-aged people, male and female. I do have a pair of Uggs, and I absolutely adore them! Who wouldn't love boots with warm fur in them?

4. Vampire movies, shows, etc.- Nay!
Vampire movies have been becoming extremely popular, especially since the Twilight series, but really, all the movies and so utterly dramatic shows seem the same to me. I don't see the heated romances as being entertaining.

5. Texting- Yay!
Obviously, more people have been texting because of its convienance. I am for sure a fan of texting, because, the way I see it, technology keeps advancing, and if you don't move along with it, you'll be left behind.

6. Ripped Jeans- Yay!
I perfer semi-ripped jeans, because I think sometimes they can be nice, depending on the rip. (I know I sound completly cheesy :-).) Ripped Jeans, I believe, can be made appropriate and still have little rips in them.

7. Twitter- Nay!
Unless you're a celebrity, Twitter is pointless. Nobody really cares if you're making yourself a sandwich or going for a stroll down Pointless Lane.


8. Movies in 3D- Nay!
Oh boy, I remember when every once in a while movies would come out in 3D. Now every other movie is in 3D. I mean WTH? Some movies, I do agree, are great in 3D, and others are just pointless. I don't think the $2 more that you have to pay at the movies is worth it at all.

9. Justin Bieber- Nay!
I'll admit Justin Bieber looks like a cool dude, but I really just am not that into his music. I think his only target auidence is teen girls, which he obviously has the attention of.
Maybe if he stretched his target auidence, he'd have more fans.

10. Jeggings - Yay!
Jeggings are a mixture of jeans and leggings. I have not tried them yet, but I totally would be up for it. People have said it's got the comfort of leggings and the apperance of jeans. Yay!!! for jeggings.

Hope this was The Cherry on Top of Your Day!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE all of these!!! Yes, every generation has certainly had their fads. Some take longer to get over than others :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After 20 years, I still love my pet rock. Excuse me but he just indicated that he needs to go out for a walk. What can I say, I guess I still haven't gotten over my fad?

    ReplyDelete